Saturday 25 February 2012

Lets Contribute!



From where should I begin, what should I write,
What can I give to the reader
more entertaining, more informative
that can create awareness about environment,
or else am I myself aware to create an impact?
I was going through those thoughts
when decided to write in the Eco One blog. 

I am not an environmentalist, nor a social reformer
or even a student of environment.
I find myself an aimless youth like most of the youth
whom I had known closely in the present times

When I think of aim, I find aim is nothing but
a motivation, a belief to bring change be it is 
meant for self, community, society and 
as it goes even fractionally.


Being a student of such a institution which was established
on the pillar of ‘Karma’ and ‘Dana’ or sacrifice by Pt. Madan Mohan Malaviyaji
who himself was a environmentalist chairperson of Ganga Mahasabha had himself said,
बिना कई लोगों के मिले कोई कार्य नहीं हो सकता... लोग आपस में मिलकर तभी कार्य कर सकते है
जब उनमें परस्पर विश्वास हो |


We should have motivation and firm belief that we can bring a change.
Being a motivated and having belief is only half a distance covred and giving this motivation and belief a direction to flow is the most important part.
ENVIRONMENT.......... How much and how can we contribute to it?
A dumb question.. everything we do and how we do behave in our everyday life affects the environment.
So, the answer to how can and how much is the limit is the sky.
From efficient utilization of water and power in our day to day life, reduction in the  use of plastic bags to plantation of tree, there is a wide scope in how can and how much we can contribute.
Environment meant to our past generation...
they lived, co existed, and prospered, 
and kept it clean and transfer it
to us as a legacy and heritage.
It would be irresponsible for us if we would
not be able to transfer the most valued heritage

the same to our future generation if not improvised. 

Next time when you open the tap,
switch on the lights and use plastic bags
think of that fraction of change you can bring and
about the legacy you have got keping in mind that it is not all your,
you have to share and transfer it.


~ Ashutosh Mishra, B. Com (FMM) III year 
(Editorial Board, Management Council, Eco One) 
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your views here